Friday 9 September 2016

Raspberry and Almond Cupcakes



So there I am, bored at home one day but not wanting to do the stuff that really needs doing...so of course...what do I do? I whip out my New York Cult Recipe book which I am yet to actually use and see if theres anything that I feel like making. By combining two recipes I present to you the Raspberry and Almond cupcakes!

(Makes about 20)

Ingredients
4 eggs
Almond Extract
250g Butter
225g Caster Sugar
250g Self Raising Flour

For the Icing
125g Raspberry Jam
125g Butter
225g Icing Sugar
Raspberries

Preheat to 160 - Cook for 20-25mins

1- Preheat your oven to 160C and place all of your cupcake cases into the tray
2- Cream together the butter and the sugar until smooth and creamy then add the eggs and mix together
3- Add the flour and mix everything together before adding a few splashes of almond extract (I think I used about 2 teaspoons worth)
4- Spoon the mix equally between the cupcake cases and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes

5- Once the cupcakes have cooled down, in a clean bowl place the raspberry jam, icing sugar and butter and using an electric whisk, mix together
6- Spread the mix over the top of each cupcake before then placing a raspberry on top of each one
7- ENJOY!

Extra tips - You could also use almonds to decorate the top, I added some 'Rainbow dust' glitter to give mine that extra bit of sparkle

0 comments:

Post a Comment