Monday 23 May 2016

Crunchy Oat and Raisin Cookies

Hi Guys!

For my birthday as you shall see on my next post, I got a Hummingbird Bakery recipe book so I decided to try out the recipe for Oat and Raisin cookies, I do feel that I cooked them for a little bit too long as they weren't soft and gooey like I was aiming for however they still tasted good.


270g Unsalted butter at room tempurature
160g Caster sugar
160g Soft dark brown sugar
2 Eggs
1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
380g Plain Flour
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
110g Rolled Oats
220g Raisins

Preheat the oven to 170C/Gas 3

1- Cream together the butter and sugars before adding the eggs one at a time ensuring that you mix them in well along with the Vanilla extract
2- Then mix the flour, oats, salt, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon in a separate bowl before adding to the main bowl and mixing well
3- Stir in the raisins until they are evenly dispersed

4- Using your hands make golfball sized balls of dough and flatten onto trays covered with greaseproof paper
5- Cook for 12 minutes or until golden brown

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment