Wednesday 10 August 2016

Sims Transgender Option



So I logged onto my Sims 4 today after a long time of not playing it, I sat and installed the updates and when I went to create a new set of Sims I noticed something new... You can now choose to not give your Sim a gender, by doing this you are faced with four options; Physical frame (Masculine or Feminine), Clothing preference (Masculine or Feminine), whether the sim is capable of becoming pregnant or impregnating others and the ability to use the toilet standing up.

This is really different to my normal blog post but I just wanted to address this briefly and comment on how great it is that this has finally become an option within the game. Allowing the diversity and accepting that some people choose not to define themselves as male or female or perhaps as transgender demonstrates how more accepting society is becoming of this. Of course if you were to read the news then you might disagree with this after the attacks at the gay clubs in Orlando. Or from the drama that was caused by parents when it was revealed that you saw a lesbian couple for a couple of seconds in Finding Dory - like do they not realise who plays Dory? Its Ellen freaking Degeneres people and this is 2016, get a grip with yourself and become more open to accepting different sexuality's and identities. Although I consider myself to be straight, it really bothers me that people can't just be accepting and treat those that aren't like they have a disease.

Hopefully with The Sims being such a popular game among the younger generation, it will help to change the way that society views sexuality and identity regardless of their parents views. Weird comparison to make but if Grand Theft Auto and Call of Duty can affect a child's behaviour then surely something like this could have an impact in a positive way as well.

Does anyone else view the world in the same way as I do - that no one can give themselves a label as far as their sexuality goes because we are all attracted to both men and women just some towards one or the other more than others?

0 comments:

Post a Comment