Friday 8 April 2016

Two Gigs In One Week: Adele

*Voiceover lady* "Previously on Two Gigs In One Week...Sammy went to see Little Mix in Cardiff" Ok so to continue on from my previous post the following weekend I went to London to see the legend that is Adele at the O2 arena its gonna be a long one so grab a cuppa tea and get comfy. We made the most of the weekend and spent a couple of nights there, the hotel/apartment place was awful other than the amazing view and brilliant location which was right across the river from the O2.

We arrived late Friday night and then spent Saturday exploring London. We had breakfast in a Weatherspoon's on Grace Church which ok is nothing special but when you walk into the building it looks amazing! Honestly, it looked like the inside of Gringotts bank from Harry Potter with grande ceiling to floor pillars and the room was massive, if your a lover of spoons then I recommend a visit. If your from the outside of the UK then Weatherpoons is essentially a chain of British pubs with cheaply priced food and drink. We then walked through Leadenhall Market which was completely empty with everything locked up, somewhere I imagine would normally be very hustly and bustly in the middle of the week. 

A very empty Leadenhall Market
The Shard
The Tower of London
We continued our walk seeing the Shard and the Gherkin building before ending up down by The Tower of London which was an area that was full of tourists. We decided to visit the Tower Bridge exhibition which meant climbing the many many stairs up to the top and walking along the bridge where we got some incredible views over the city.
The Tower of London


View from the top of Tower Bridge including St Pauls Cathedral, I particularly loved the cranes that you can see because they were all different colours and for some reason in my head it looked as if they were dancing around each other
When walking down the otherside of the river we came across Borough market which was another incredible experience. You name it and I am sure that they sold it...Lobsters, Meat, Flowers, Fruit, Vegtables basically everything! There were so many people shouting about their produce to the overwhelmingly busy crowd as we pushed through between them, I had never seen anything quite like it. Yes I had been to a market before but not one like this, it reminded me of something that you might have seen in Oliver.

We then took a boat down the river (like one of the ones you can see in the picture above) before then taking the cable cart over the river before hopping onto the DLR to get back to where we were staying. I was super nervous about the cable cart as I've never always kind of feared anything like it or flying etc but it was really cool getting to see everything around you from a different perspective and it was really smooth as well. Quick stop for a shower and a rest before heading back out, this time to the O2 as we had booked a table at All Bar One prior to the show. The food was great, I had the Fish Cakes and then shared the Churros with my sister for dessert which I can not rave enough about because they were mindblowingly delicious! 

Our trip to the O2 made us all slightly nostalgic as last time we had all been to the O2 together it was when it was still called the millennium dome back in 2000, I was 4 and my sister would have been 2. 
Just a coincidence that my dad was wearing red in both of these images...
2016 and 2000 - Jas, Dad, Me in both photos
So Adele was absolutely incredible, I can not emphasise enough how powerful her voice is live and she brought everyone in the room to tears. For me the tear jerker was Someone Like You and when she sung Make You Feel My Love which I completely forgot was a song that she sung and apparently Jas had too when she turned to me right at the start to say "I was not prepared for this". Adele sung all of her hit singles including Skyfall, Chasing Pavements and Rumour Has It whilst hopping between the main stage and the B stage, she interacted with the audience pulling individuals up on stage for photos. There was also some story about dolphins and how they rape each other or something... random but completely hilarious. 

v
View from Block 418 Row M





0 comments:

Post a Comment